The annual 3000acres Spring Fling Festival is next Saturday 24th September & I’m super excited to be part of it! Join us as we celebrate the warmer months & the start of a new growing season.
The day will be packed with free gardening and sustainability workshops, a huge pop-up plant sale, kids activities, live music & food stalls in the lush grounds of the Saxon st Community Garden in Brunswick.
I’ll be running a 30-minute workshop on the day, this Wellness Apothecary workshop will include tips on growing & preparing medicinal herbs & infusions. It’s been a long & hard winter in Melbourne this year, so a little bit of herbal loving is just what some of us need to revitalise!
This workshop will be a free teaser for a course I’m currently designing, which will be launched this Spring/Summer (more on that soon!).
I feel honoured to be part of this festival & amongst this amazing lineup of workshops:
- St Kilda Indigenous Nursery Co-Op: Indigenous plantings and the principles of propagation from cuttings
- FareShare: Sustainable approaches to pest management in backyard gardens
- Compost Community: Soil health and composting 101
- Book-a-Chook: Chicken keeping in the city
- Worm Lovers: How to keep a happy worm farm
- Kabuu Seedlings: Seed starting in soil blocks
- CERES Fair Food: Sauerkraut making and the goodness of fermenting
- The Good Brew Co: Kombucha making (with SCOBYs available to take home and get brewing!)
- Slow Food Youth Network: Reducing Food Waste in the Kitchen
- Alice in Frames: Sustainable cooking with kids
There are also some brilliant people selling their goods and spreading free advice, including: Pip Magazine, Brunswick Tool Library, BioFilta, FareShare, Youth Food Movement & Bee-Keepa. The Community Grocer will have a pop up fruit and veggie stall for all your grocery needs and there’s also on-site bike servicing by donation with the guys from Bikes Please. Plus a huge plant sale of indoor and edible plants.
I look forward to seeing you on Saturday September 24th, 12pm-4pm
at Saxon St Community Garden, 33 Saxon st Brunswick.